- From exposure to symptoms is typically 1-4 days.
- The flu can be contagious one day before you develop symptoms and up to seven days after becoming sick.
High risk groups
- Children under five, and especially children under two
- Women who are pregnant or up to two weeks postpartum
- Adults aged 65 and older
- People with already compromised health (including but not limited to: asthma, heart conditions, lung conditions, history of stroke, cancer, HIV/AIDS, kidney disease, and others – consult with your doctor if you have a health condition and are wondering about your risk with the flu)
- Those living in long-term care facilities